1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Going out for breakfast is sooo overrated now

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by JennsPeeps, Jan 10, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Today I got up and felt like having someone else make breakfast, and do the dishes, and shop... etc. So I said to DBF, "let's go out for breakfast".

As we walked into the restaurant, it occurred to me that we shouldn't bother having any egg dishes. We've become such egg snobs. [​IMG] DOH!

90% of the menu was devoted to variation on eggs. There was a 2x4" box on the bottom corner for pancakes and French toast. DBF had the former, I had the latter.

Next time I'm making breakfast. LOL!

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Awesome. [​IMG]

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i hear ya. my kids are total egg snobs. and pretty much anything else i make myself or grow/raise around here.

we've had to tell them although they may like home cooking better and it makes mom pleased, it's rude to tell the waitress that mom's biscuits/chicken/whatever are/is way better. [​IMG]

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    sorry double post...having all sorts of weird technical difficulties today! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    All I could think was, "I could have made French toast AND my blueberry topping would have been picked by me".

$20 lesson learned: if I want a good breakfast, make it at home!

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:what you said times two! [​IMG]

7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    But Pecan Waffles are nice for a change of pace. [​IMG]

8. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Funny isn't it. For so many years I wished I had the money to eat out, now that I have the time and the money it has lost all appeal. With the chickens and the garden I am finding retaraunt cooking often isn't fresh enough. Home cooking has a lot going for it.

9. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Had to have the same talk with my youngest. It didn't take, because I was grinning from ear to ear.

I finally told her it would hurt their feelings, and she stopped [​IMG]

JennsPeeps, the only place I will eat breakfast, besides home, is Cracker Barrell. It tastes almost like homemade to me, even if their eggs aren't as good.

10. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes!!!!! Now when we go out for breakfast, I order waffles and bacon. NO YUCKY STORE EGGS. DH thinks I should take eggs to the restaurant and ask them to use our homegrown eggs instead. [​IMG]

I think you could just ask them to spit in your food and get it over with. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by