1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Going quakers!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by daisygirlfp, Mar 9, 2016.

1. daisygirlfp

daisygirlfp Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2016
    Minden, Nevada
    Hello to everyone.

We are proud parents of 3 khaki campbell females and one male that we rescued from a feed store that had kept them way too long in a brooder meant for chicks. One female was so stooped over that she never fully recovered but still lays an occasional egg and she will have a happy life until the end of her days.

We have hens as well ( australorps, rocks, orpington, and new hampshire reds) and I raised chicks last year to the pullet stage to supply city folks with three chickens when the ordinance went through and allowed hens.

Our exciting news is we found 12 little sale ducklings that were a dollar each at the feed store last night. They didn't know what kind they were so I am hoping they are Rouens and not mallards because they don't have a clipped back toe. We love our poultry!

daisygirlfp

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for rescuing those ducks - sometimes I think feed store managers/owners have no compassion for the animals they sell.

3. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

If you check out the Learning Centre, you'll find a whole host of resources on all things chicken and duck.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread). In fact, the search box should become your best friend [​IMG] Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
    CT

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by