Going to ask again...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Beccazon, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Beccazon

Beccazon Songster

Apr 23, 2019
    Michigan Thumb
    Pride, my labeled "BSL" that most here are suspecting is a Jersey Giant, and a pullet, has now at near 3 mos come into a LOT more color and defining look. These are pics of him today. I included two pics are of the two from his original "group" at TSC. One all black including comb, one with similar but much less pronounced coloring and no collar like him but with small red comb. Can any majority of BYC decide if he is indeed a he, and if he is going to be the beautiful (whatever breed) I will add in the comments??? He also has the demeanor of Lil Bit, my only SURE cockerel.

Attached Files:

2. Beccazon

Beccazon Songster

Apr 23, 2019
    Michigan Thumb
    Will he be this? And if so, what breed is this for sure? What color?

Attached Files:

3. Mama_in_the_Dell

Mama_in_the_Dell Chirping

Sep 22, 2018
    Senoia
    Definitely cockerel. Looks like he could be like the one posted but I couldn’t tell you what he is. Hopefully someone else can.

Beccazon likes this.
  4. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Asia Black cockerel

5. Mama_in_the_Dell

Mama_in_the_Dell Chirping

Sep 22, 2018
    Senoia
    Beccazon likes this.
  6. Beccazon

Beccazon Songster

Apr 23, 2019
    Michigan Thumb
    This thread did more to confuse me if I'm being honest. But it is just one more point to keep me from ever trusting TSC for chicks again if I want a specific breed. Most of the birds in the thread have lots of red. Pride has only 2 small red spots. I guess I will chalk him up to some mutt or hybrid oopsie and just enjoy his prettiness. He really is turning into a beautiful bird. Not sure how having two roos is going to go lol, but so far, Lil Bit, my leghorn cockerel is the boss in this yard when he decides to be a brat. Otherwise everyone coexists quite pleasantly...at their yet young age. (All were purchased within a week of each other as new babies and raised together for the last 11 weeks).

Does anyone know the breed and/or color name of the rooster pic I posted below the main post??

7. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    That roosters pattern wouldn't have a name. He is predominantly black with silver, red, and white leakage. He also a crossbred. With his size, body shape, and modified pea comb I'd say he is a Brahma mix. He's likely to have lightly feathered shanks.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    x2

Beccazon likes this.
  9. Beccazon

Beccazon Songster

Apr 23, 2019
    Michigan Thumb
    Thank you! At least some kinda info lol. Aside from the shank feathering (as of yet...does that ever come later?) that is an accurate description. So Pride is my mutt! I'm ok with that! He really is a beautiful mess lmao. I can't wait to see him as a mature finished product. Thank you all for putting up with yet a 3rd inquiry on this boy! If any of you have followed my other posts asking about him, and noticed the MANY different opinions, you see why as a relative newbie to chicken raising, I am at a loss with him! Haha thanx again!

10. RoostersAreAwesome

RoostersAreAwesome Free Ranging

May 21, 2017
    x2
    He'll get more red as he grows. Since asia blacks are hybrids, there is variety between individuals.

ColtHandorf likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: