Going to be a sad hatch day!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Well I started out with 15 eggs and am now down to JUST ONE! All my silkies died [​IMG] and I have one silver laced polish that is still alive. Due to hatch in three days. SO it being a lone baby I am looking for another chick to go with him/her so its not so lonely. I am waiting on a phone call from a park who sells chicks...this week is suppose to be silkie chicks which is what I am looking for. Wish me luck!

2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Good luck - I am feeling your heartache [​IMG]

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Turns out this park MAY have some blue silkies available for purchase [​IMG] I'm going to head over there maybe tomorrow or Saturday.

4. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Hangin...what do you think happened?

5. chick_newbie

chick_newbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    South Dakota
    I feel your pain. I recently had a hatch that didn't yeild any babies. I am sending good hatching vibes your way for at least for the last little egg.

6. chiknlady

chiknlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    SE PA
    So sorry...I am on day 20 without even a pip and I had a rotter at about day 9---so I may be in the same boat...[​IMG]

I hope you can find some chicks...

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Don't give up Chiknlady! I had one hatch this morning and there is another peeping in there!

8. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Awwwww. That is sad. I keep hearing that Eric Carmen song....You know, the one Bridget Jones sang to in her undies.

Good luck with your baby.

I have silkie bantams in the bator. If I had eggs from them (impossible since they are on day one [​IMG] ) I would send you some. I hope little miracle egg makes it out safely.
    [​IMG]

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Oh.[​IMG] Good luck with getting your blue silkies.

10. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Oldtimegator...I think what happened was I ordered in the hot part of the month [​IMG] I should have waited but I have no patience. My hatches have never been this poor. I just pray this little one makes it. I will candle tonight to see if IT is alive. It was a live three days ago so we will see. I tried candling it today but it was too light out. LOOKED like it may have already been in the air sac tho but can't be sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by