1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Going to be getting in Bobwhite hatching eggs (lots)

Discussion in 'Quail' started by monarc23, Mar 27, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Getting in 60+ bobwhites next week!!!

Not for me, for a guy who's going to keep purchasing from me!!! I'm going to be hatching coturnix, bobwhites, pheasants and white leghorns for him woohoo! [​IMG]

The colors of bobwhites im going to be hatching is

Orange, whites, giant butlers, mexican speckled, and reds [​IMG]

The oranges sound awesome, I may need to keep a roo! [​IMG] Will be posting pictures im sure [​IMG]

2. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    All those are great mutations of Bobwhite. I really want to get some SMOKEY bobwhites.
    [​IMG]

3. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    now remember, bobwhite take 23 days to hatch... and about 22-24 weeks to mature...
    forgot to see who was posting, nm i guess you already know this... but for those who dont PAY ATTENTION

BTW i just moved 88 bobwhite to my hatcher!!! out of 120 eggs, 96 fertile, and then another 8 were quitters... hatch on suday/monday will keep updated

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:THANK YOu for the maturing part!!! I had no idea how long they took to mature now I know [​IMG] [​IMG] Now i need to go read how long until you can tell roo from hen [​IMG]

congrats on the high percentage! [​IMG]

5. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    no congrats yet... wait until they hatch. i dont need these to get jinxed... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by