Going to get our eggs at Southern Farm Hatchery!

BayouPoules

Songster
10 Years
Aug 13, 2010
Lacombe, Louisiana
My Coop
My Coop
Just rambling,..
I just spoke with the friendliest lady named Billie at Southern Farm Hatchery about picking up some eggs today for the bator! We are getting some Austalorps and Barred Rock. I was so tickled to find a hatchery here in the south,.. they are in Mississippi only 60 miles from us and we are looking forward to the drive. We've got the bator all ready and some Barnie eggs coming from Feathers & Fleece tomorrow and will lock down Friday!
Is it silly to be this tickled about hatching eggs?
When I read all the email newsletters on the state of our country,. the news on TV and see all the misery going on around the world,.. chicken eggs seems so insignificant,.. but then I think,.. all the more reason to do something that makes us happy! We do it as a family,.. we look forward to the big day
pop.gif

.,.. it's always a good homeschool project and then
in the end ( hopefully)
Chickens!
wee.gif

Nope, not silly a bit! I am never more happier than when we have a batch of eggs in the 'bator! Congrats & sending good hatching vibes to you!
Where in Mississippi is that hatchery located?

Thanks, I have some Barnevelder eggs coming in tomorrow so I will go into bator on Tuesday,.
pop.gif

Kinda nervous. Been wanting these Barnies for a while,. supposed to be "show quality".
droolin.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom