Going to Maryville, TN Tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by speckledhen, May 24, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

....to renew my military ID card at McGhee Tyson AFB. There's a Hobby Lobby, two quilt shops and a Farmers Co-op Feed Mill. [​IMG] I'm psyched! Will be gone most of the day, will leave the birds locked up so no hurrying necessary...this is going to be a fun trip! [​IMG]

The only downer will be the ugggggly picture on the new ID, of course. They all make you look like serial killers (or at least very depressed).

2. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Songster

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    U need to come further north! [​IMG] I'm going to Savannah in early June! see ya' there!

3. speckledhen

Wave as you drive through to Savannah! I'm right at the NC line, so about as far north Ga as you can get.

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Wish I didn't have to work! I am about 30 minutes away from the Maryville Hobby Lobby LOL.

Have you ever gone to the big quilt shop in 411, between Maryville and Seymour? I think it's call Pappy's Place? I always mean to stop ther, but haven't yet. It's expanded recently, I think.

Found the exact name...

Pappys Quilting Place
    www.pappysquilting.com
    3426 Sevierville Road
    Maryville, TN 37804-2400
    (865) 980-0950

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  5. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Songster

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Quote:lol, will wave as I drive by! [​IMG]

6. Oh, I wish I had time to go to Maryville tomorrow!!! I think it would be nice to meet you and I certainly can use a trip to the Hobby Lobby but I have one planned there in just less than 2 weeks when I make a trip to the Airport! And... we were just near there this past Saturday!!!

WELL... enjoy yourself, and remember there are many BYC'ers just nearby!!!

7. thespinningcottage

thespinningcottage Songster

Jun 24, 2009
    Arcadia, Florida
    You're lucky. I wish we had a Hobby Lobby near me. I have to drive an hour just to get to Michael's!

8. speckledhen

Quote:No, have never been there. It's on my list. There's also a "Rooster's Quilt Shoppe", perfect for me, eh? LOL. Wish you didn't have to work, either, Lori! I'm about 2 hours from Maryville, but it will be so fun to go somewhere. We never go far due to gas prices, but this is a "have-to" trip. Dawn, sorry to miss you, too!

The closest Hobby Lobby to me is in Cleveland, TN, about an hour away, so I rarely get to go.

9. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:No, have never been there. It's on my list. There's also a "Rooster's Quilt Shoppe", perfect for me, eh? LOL. Wish you didn't have to work, either, Lori! I'm about 2 hours from Maryville, but it will be so fun to go somewhere. We never go far due to gas prices, but this is a "have-to" trip.

Yes, Roosters is a perfect place for you LOL!
    Think you guys will still be in the area around 5:30pm?
    If so, I'll meet you at Cracker Barrell and treat you both to dinner! I get off at 4:30.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  10. speckledhen

Gosh, Lori, that's so sweet, but I don't think we'll be there then. Our appt for my ID pic is 1:30 p.m. and we will be back on the road home probably by 3:30 or 4:00 p.m. or so. Thank you, though! If it changes, will let you know. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by