Going to pick up 2 drakes today

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by gofasterstripe, Sep 13, 2010.

1. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

from Imacuriositycat. 2 1/2 hour drive, leaving at 8. Have to fuel up, prolly stop at McDonalds for brekky on the way...im sure I will post photos when I get back [​IMG]

2. gofasterstripe

Picked up my drakes from Imacuriositycat...WOW...she has some beautiful ducks there in NC. The silver runners were my favourit, they were beautiful. But anyway, here are my 2 new boys for breeding further down the road.

[​IMG]

Finn the runner and William the White Magpie. Finn is a very dark blue, almost sorta brown, I love him. William is a creamy white...smaller than I thought he would be, where as Finn is taller than I thought.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the boys went out 1st and their temp fencing was closed. The girls were all excited and baby quacked all over the place and tryed their hardest to get thru the fence.

[​IMG]

They arent scared of the hourses but heaven forbid a plane goes over and they do the stand still as a rock and do the whisper thing untill its passed

3. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Finn is very nice looking

William is cute too [​IMG]

4. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    Very handsome boys you have there! Good luck with them. The girls are cuties too!

5. gofasterstripe

Thank you...I think they are all cute too [​IMG]

6. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Ah ha--I finally found it! I love the pictures! Your set-up is gorgeous, and they look like they're going to be very happy. How are they settling in? Are they eating better yet? I will try to hatch some silvers for you this Spring--maybe I can get some silvers out of my Holderread blue hen & one of the Holderread blue drakes--combine that gorgeous stance and two blue dilution genes--yum!

I hope those boys are feeling a little better and that you're still having a good time with them. Thanks for the compliments--I love my duckies. [​IMG]

7. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    P.S. It's funny that they'd be afraid of the planes, given where they grew up! Maybe it's the fact that the planes are so far away and QUIET at your house--freaks them out. "Hey, what the heck IS that tiny speck in the sky with the quiet purring sound? Can't be a plane--planes are LOUD and HUGE!! What is it??"

[​IMG]

(For everybody else--I live one mile DIRECTLY south of the runway for a major international airport. The planes take off literally right over our heads all day long. Ducks seem to get used to it. So do we.)

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    OMG...those little girls look like groupies at a Justin Beber concert! [​IMG]

9. gofasterstripe

Quote:The boys are doing a bit better, settling in more, forgaging more but still not eating as much feed as I would like them to be eating, but I cant complain...poo is brown so its either mud or feed. They have the going in and out down pat, no probs there. I gave them all big bowls of peas, tomatoes and lettuce yesterday, the babies had theirs gone in 30 seconds flat...by 10 o'clock the boys was still there and they just kept walking round it as if it was going to eat them so instead of it drying up in the sun I gave it to the babies and gobbled it down. William looks to be the boss over Finn. when Finn goes near the fence to see the babies, William grabs him ontop of the head and drags him away..when they go back to the fence poor Finn stands there while William beak fights with the girls thru the fence. Its funny watching 6 babies giving the BIG boys what for. Thank You Imacuriositycat I love my boys.

10. gofasterstripe

Quote:They were at a Justin Beber concert...cant you tell [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by