going to pick up my new truck this morning ( well, suv, whatever)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by jenlynn4, Nov 11, 2010.

1. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I cant wait. We purchased it last night. Its a suzuki (sp??) XL7. I have wanted one for a long time. And now that the car I currently have is going down hill (which it shouldnt be) I needed to get a new one in a hurry. I hope we made a good choice. I know I got a good deal because we did our research. My current car an 05 Seabring (DONT GET ONE IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT IT) Is not that old and already the transmission is slipping, the wire harness for the fuel pump has had to be replaced TWICE, the power steering pump is whineing and even worse.....Its guzzleing antifreze now and my dad (who was a Chrysler mechanic for 27 years) said the head gasket is gonna blow!!! OHH and the horn relay went bad in the steering wheel, where the air bag is, and that need fixed and is really expensive. The tires were constantly going flat every other day we had to add air because of the cheap aluminum rims. Its just been pretty much a nightmare and I was so excited to get that car! It was my first newer car and it looked (and still does look) sooo pretty. I just hope this one gives us better luck. I always get nervous though. If you ever had an XL 7 or currently have one let me know how they are. According to the internet they seem to be a really good little suv. [​IMG]

2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    What a nightmare car!

Best of luck with your new vehicle!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Sounds like you need a new one, hope you have better luck with this one !! !!

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    We used to have a Ford Tempo. It lived up to the Ford acronym...Fix Or Repair Daily...more like, Found On Russian Desert. What a pile of junk. Glad you're getting a new vehicle!

5. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    Oh Man, sorry about the old one and congrats on the new one. We just got a new vehicle recently and I did a lot of research on Edmunds.com. They have good info. I also wouldn't buy a vehicle that wasn't highly rated by consumer reports. Don't know how your new one rates, I didn't look that one up but in the future those are good places to look! Have fun!

6. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    thanks you all. Yes we did research and it scored pretty well on the the comsumer sites. very few problems and the ones that did occur were fixed by the manufacturer with the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. I just hope this one is not lemon or anything. I always get so nervous. So far so good though! It even tells you when there may be ice on the road! That scared the bejesus out of me the other morning. I got in and it says "caution roads may be icy, tempature31 degrees" LOL I thoguht that was the coolest thing ever. LOL JEN

7. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Congrats....do you have pictures?

8. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    Here is the pic from the car lot ad...I didnt get any of my own yet.

[​IMG]

9. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Pretty!

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I own a Suzuki XL-7. DH has a Suzuki Grand Vitara. These cars (suvs) are great. My XL-7 is nice for hauling stuff that's why I got the bigger one. [​IMG] BUT I LOVE driving the Vitara.....it's smaller and just a dream to drive around for errands etc. I get so used to driving DH's Vitara that when I go use mine it's like driving a bus.

Good luck with yours! The only problem I had with the XL was the indicator light that kept telling me my tires were low. They weren't.....but the computer kept telling me different [​IMG] I must have had a little bad juju going on because the computer was adamant that my tires were low to the point that it MADE my tires go low. So I finally had them take out the computer controlled inflaters or whatever they're called and put in regular ones. No problems! (knock on wood [​IMG] ) Enjoy your new vehicle!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by