Going to set eggs tonight anyone wanna join!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lincolnsilkies, Jan 25, 2012.

1. lincolnsilkies

lincolnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    I am going to set 20 silkie eggs tonight just wanted to see if anyone wanted to join me!!!???

2. marneypoo

marneypoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Kentucky
    Good luck, Robert! Let me know how it goes. Martha

3. ggarratt

ggarratt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Midcoast, Maine
    I'm in! It's my first hatch of the season, which makes it extra exciting. And I'm using a new incubator which adds to the excitement as well. I just set 32 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs this morning in my new Brinsea 20 Advanced... so I'm just half a day or so behind you. 14 are shipped, 13 are fresh from my hens and 5 are ones I pulled from my refrigerator to fill the extra space. I've marked those and will be interested to see if they hatch.

I might get some surprises from my eggs. Along with my flock of BLRW, I have two buff hens who's eggs I was trying to avoid, and a blue rooster who is pretty low on the totem poll so I don't know if he'll get to be a daddy or not. But I'll be interested to see if I get any mixes or if they are all pure BLRW.

I assume you're hatching silkies? From what I've read, it seems like they can be a little trickier to hatch than other breeds. What has your experience been? Are you hatching your own eggs or shipped eggs? What sort of incubator? I can't wait to see chick pictures in a few weeks... silkies are some of the cutest chicks out there.

4. lincolnsilkies

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Thanks Martha and i will!!!!

5. lincolnsilkies

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    They are shipped eggs i just hatched some eggs a couple weeks ago from shipped eggs and they all hatched!! So...we will see how this hatch goes they are from the same person!! Yep and they are silkies! Oh... Blue Laced Red Wyandottes those are pretty birds! And i am using the 1588 Hovabator i have had really good luck with this incubator so far!! How do you like your incubator i have almost ordered one of those about 3 times now?

6. bloom chicks

bloom chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    FL
    I just put 12 eggs under my broody hen tonight!

7. lincolnsilkies

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    good luck with your hatches!

8. lincolnsilkies

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Today is day 21 and so far 8 have hatched today!!

9. bloom chicks

bloom chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    FL
    Congrats!
    We are day 20. I have seen seven chicks so far. Here are some of them. [​IMG]

10. lincolnsilkies

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Congrats those are so....cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by