Going to set eggs tonight ...

Discussion in 'Quail' started by onewithquail, Jan 29, 2012.

1. onewithquail

onewithquail Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2012
    I am going to try because my son wants to experience raising birds from eggs. I haven't done it because I can buy them at 6 wks old for 3 bucks a piece, which to me is way cheaper and easier then the work, feed and time it takes to raise them. Any way here goes nothing, wish me luck!...

2. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Good luck to ya, there is something fun about hatching your own and its a good lesson for kids.

That is cheap at 3 weeks WOW, I have someone in KC who I can get them from occasionally for $1 at around 4-6 weeks but the problem is she lives 70 miles from me so by time I drive both ways I spend 5 bucks each lol

I like to hatch my own because I can control what colors and combinations I get an also I know if I hatch them from eggs they are healthy and if you buy birds and bring them around your birds then you are risking the bio health of your flock. Now that being said if you wanted to just buy a few to eat then that would be fine but I still like knowing where my food comes from.

Good luck on your hatch and keep us up to date

3. onewithquail

onewithquail Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2012
    Thks mochicken,1 buck is way good..lol, I can get them for 3 bucks at 6 wks old, that way they are ready for eating and never get near my own birds, and yes it's good for my little guy to learn from a hatching. hope things work out well..thks again...

4. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Yeah good luck to ya

5. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    welcome to the addiction lol

6. Lucky1

Lucky1 Chillin' With My Peeps