1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

going to the middle part of a topic

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by wanttobefarmer, Dec 4, 2010.

1. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    Well I was wandering if there are say 200 pages of posts it gives you the option of going to the first three of the last three and then working your way to the middle 3 pages at a time. Is there a way to jump directly to say post 100? Ex: Blue wheaten ameracauna thread has about 550 pages. I never have time to get past say page 100 and if I have to quit and repopen the thread I have to start over or jump to the end and work my way to the middle. I'm sure there is a simple way to do it. Thanks

2. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Yup, look at the url for the page you are on, at the end is the page number. Delete and input whatever page you want to jump to.

3. wanttobefarmer

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    Quote:Thanks there are numbers at the end of the URL, about 6 I changed the last and it took me to another topic. I was on page 1 and the last number was not a 1

4. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:Thanks there are numbers at the end of the URL, about 6 I changed the last and it took me to another topic. I was on page 1 and the last number was not a 1

You have to be on a page other than page 1.

5. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010

You have to be on a page other than page 1.

Exactly. It has to be a post with more than one page. I use it quite frequently for days that I miss a lot of posts in my favorite threads. Take the New Years hatching thread for example. We are on page 67 right now, but yesterday we were on page 57, so instead of going back through every page, I change the number in the URL to 57 from 67 and it takes me back to 57 to read from there.

If you use it on a post with only one page, it will take you to a different topic, as each thread is numbered. Like this one is showing me 5236436. If I were to change one number in there, it would take me to a totally different thread.

6. wanttobefarmer

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    Thanks yeah not page 1 was the key. Thanks again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by