1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Going To The State Fair... Finally

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by willowbranchfarm, Oct 6, 2011.

1. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Ok so I'm in this stockmens contest at the state fair and I'm going tomorrow. I can't wait. do any of you go to the state fair? I love it there. You can see all the chickens that are being shown and everything. I love VA state fair. [​IMG]

2. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Make sure to get an elephant ear. They might shave 2 weeks off your life health wise but man they good.

3. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    LOL I'll try

4. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Good luck! It's almost time for our state fair.

5. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    We went Sunday (when it was COLD). Had a great time. My sister hated me for dragging her through the chicken barns. The smell was a little off... [​IMG] I was hoping to get to talk to some of the owners but no one seemed to be 'attached' to any of the birds.
    I went back yesterday to see the mule and donkey show..... and was SHOCKED to find out that there were 4 entries. Not in a class - in the whole show!!!!! The same 4 mules went through most of the the classes (a lot canceled because no one wanted to do them). It was very dissapointing - I mean, it's hard to cheer for your favorite when everyone's going to get a ribbon as long as they don't fall down. [​IMG]
    All in all though - 2 very good days.
    P.S. try the tacco stand along the back row - near the corn on the cob - OMG they were amazing!!!!!!![​IMG]

6. downtown chick

downtown chick Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2009
    Plant City
    My daughter will be showing some of her chickens at the State Fair. My girls are in the Florida State Fair commercial that will be airing at the end of November. We had about 10 kids from our 4H group picked to participate and it was an awesome experience. The State Fair here is held in February.

We are showing rabbits and chickens next week at our County Fair. The kids are excited too. They are looking forward to the junk food!

7. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Funnelcake![​IMG]

8. Maggiesdad

Maggiesdad Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Soooo... I was at the State Fair today (VA) and I couldn't find the chickens or poultry... There was a tent full of doves and pigeons, but only some chicks and hatching eggs in the kids tent.
    Don't know if I'm blind or what, but someone told me the chickens were gone, that the were there last weekend and that the rabbits were in the tent that the chickens had occupied earlier.

Sad face...

9. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    I think I am going to miss the fair this year. I have to finish my goat fence this weekend.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by