Hello all ! My husband and I are new chicken keepers as of the spring of this year. We raised some organic chickens for meat , White Cornish and Freedom Rangers. A few weeks before the FR were to be culled we discover a hen that was gurgling a bit, the weather was hot and humid here in New England at the time. We decided to band this chicken and keep an eye on her and she was so friendly. Being were new at this we noticed she had a very large crop and always figured she was a big eater. The FR eat big time! We also decided not to cull a rooster and 2 of the FR hens one being Lucy that had been band. Lucy was kept for 2 reasons 1 we didn't want to later eat a chicken that was potentially sick and 2 she is so sweet! In the beginning we were so busy working to provide proper shelter and predator protection and didn't do enough studying on Lucy's crop ! Now we are realizing we have had and do have a big problem with Lucy's crop, she is now not doing regular poops but green diarrhea. I don't think Lucy will survive much longer if we don't address this very soon. She eats and drinks and I see scratch evidence in the diarrhea but I don't think she is laying anymore. Let me back up one second, so we lost the roo soon after we culled the others, he had been named Daddy's Girl since we thought she was hen in the beginning and was ultra sweet. So that now leaves Lucy and her sister Libby, they are always together , we have 32 other pet chickens for eggs. Now my worry is if something happens to Lucy Libby will be by herself. Can I just say who knew in the spring when those chicks arrived they would turn into such pets! amazing animals! so I am reaching out to you more experienced chicken keepers for advise. This morning I will be calling Dr. Duton in Weare NH to see if he can help. I worry I will not be able to afford his services and will have to resort to this surgery myself. I do not have any of the proper instruments like I have seen in the videos I have watched, so and ideas and tips would very much appreciated. Sorry for the long post. I will update her condition as we move forward one way or an other.Thank you in advance!