Gold Brahmas?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sheilawagner, Nov 27, 2010.

1. sheilawagner

sheilawagner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of a good Gold Brahma (large fowl) breeder? I've seen some beautiful photos of Gold Brahmas, and I wonder if anyone on BYC knows of a good breeder of them. They are pretty rare it seems, and normally, we hear of Light, Dark, and even buff, but not gold.

Thanks.

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    There's someone near FL I think who is working on I believe red Brahmas, but gold? . . . Do you mean partridge? If you mean partridge, then yes, I even started a thread looking for some earlier this year; It just got revived again, too.

3. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
  4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
  5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
  6. sheilawagner

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    Thank you all very much. I would like some Brahmas, but I've heard about them being standoffish, and I don't enjoy aloof chickens. So I'm not sure if I really want to add them to the flock. What are your experiences? Are they really aloof birds?

The Polish that are in my flock, whom I've hand raised are turning out to be standoffish and I am planning to put them into the stew pot. But all those breeds that are affectionate and loving, we're keeping. [​IMG]

7. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    I have Brahmas, and I find them very laid back and friendly. Here are all three of my partridge boys - The guy on the left is a "gold" partridge. The other two are blue partridge. They are about seven months old now.

[​IMG]

8. sheilawagner

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    Wow, your gold boy is so BEAUTIFUL. Awesome color through and through. Do you breed them?

9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Umm, who ever said they're standoffish? I've never heard of any breeder or even hatchery-stock owner say such. Even my hatchery birds are very friendly and so full of personality. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by