Gold Butterfly porcelain dish set

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by L&Schickens, Nov 2, 2008.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    These dishes are al least 50 years old and are mad of porcelain. They are painted with liquid gold and have fine detail. They were made by a woman named Dorothy C. Thorbe in southern California. I have never found a true value on them because everywhere I have taken them says they are unique and have nothing to compare them to. I have 4 saucers, 4 tea cups and 4 dinner plates. They are beautiful but are at risk of getting broken in my house.
    $250 includes shipping and insurance and I will price shipping out of the US as well if anyone is interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have taken them to several antique dealers and none of them seem to know anything about these dishes. One did tell me that they might have been made by someone who worked for a big company that made china and this artist made some of her own stuff on the side. But that was speculation. No one in my family knows anything about the either, except they were given to my parents as a wedding present by my grand parents.

Price is OBO and I take Pay Pal.
    Thanks!!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  2. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Those are beautiful!

3. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
  4. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  5. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Thank you so much!! I looked on e-bay years ago and didn't find a thing. I also googled her name before and got nothing.
    This is very interesting.
    Thanks!!

6. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Reduced price before they go on e-bay [​IMG]

7. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Still have these babies. [​IMG]