Gold duckwing cuckoo

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ThiefPouter06, Mar 24, 2009.

1. ThiefPouter06

ThiefPouter06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    green co. KY
    So BBR cuckoo is called crele, does gold duckwing cuckoo have an official name? Gold ducking is recessive to black so to get gold duckwing cuckoo it would take a few generations. I have one and I was just trying to guess what breeds are in its make up. He really couldnt be half BR because that would produce a mostly black barred bird. Mine is very much a g duckwing under the barring.

2. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    That's not a recognized variety, so you could call it whatever you want! [​IMG] Sounds pretty though! What breed? I really want to make a Golden Duckwing Pyle OE.

3. Henk69

Henk69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    Groesbeek Netherlands
    Crele = Gold + Duckwing + Cuckoo !

4. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    I was playing today with the chicken calculator posted under pundit squares. OMG the fun. I have partridge rocks but I have some barreds, am getting blue, blue barred, splash and delawares. I fiddle along a couple of generations and voila gold duckwing barred aka cuckoo.

Okay gold and golden, complete and incomplete, and then I'd have to select a set of gold duckwing barreds and after that I'd have a line...
    Which would so totally rock.

5. ThiefPouter06

ThiefPouter06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    green co. KY
    Quote:I think he is barred rock with american gamefowl blood and perhaps EE. He is cool in that his comb has like 12 points.

6. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    Super comb! [​IMG] Good luck with that!

Henk, I thought a crele was a barred BBRed? In which case it would be red, not gold?

7. walkswithdog

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    True Crele is barred on BBR.

Barred Gold Duckwing is not exactly crele.

It looks close though and sure is pretty...

8. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:where do you find the chicken calculator and is there one in english? In other words the gene name is not scientific language but a 9th grader can understand. [​IMG]

9. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:where do you find the chicken calculator and is there one in english? In other words the gene name is not scientific language but a 9th grader can understand. [​IMG]

I found one but it is in french or something [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. walkswithdog

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Chuckle yeah the calculator is in German. But if you play with it long enough you get used to it. And it has PICTURES for all of us genotype impaired people.

It's posted on the Punit Square post (sp) sorry been up for a LONG time but the chicks are hatched.

So yes it has pictures, it's in another language but hey you can figure it out if you play with it long enough.

I just LOVE fiddling with all the possible color combinations based on the colors I have here.

Here's the thread...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=73357

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by