1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gold laced and black australorps not laying yet

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by folmar25, Nov 18, 2015.

1. folmar25

folmar25 Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2015
    I'm almost on week 23 and still no eggs yet my wife keeps saying I bought defective chicks haha which is not true but I've been telling her every day since 18 weeks ohh ill get some tomorrow out of my the coop and to my surprise and her disappointment I tell her no

2. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    First eggs are not far off. [​IMG] The average age for a pullet to start laying is around roughly, 24 weeks. However with the waning daylight this time of year, it may take them longer to start laying. Good luck with your flock!

3. Cryssie

Cryssie Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2015
    Western Australia
    I can tell my girls are laying when they have really bright red combs.The other thing to watch is that they are not eating the eggs.I have found if they dont have enough space they get bored and eating the eggs is something to do. They can also eat them if they dont have enough protein or shell grit.

4. folmar25

May 19, 2015
    I figured it would take them s little longer because less daylight but darn it's frustrating

5. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Don't worry, the wait for the first egg is always tedious no matter how long you've had chickens. [​IMG]

6. folmar25

May 19, 2015
    Great news a couple days ago I got my first egg now I've been getting about 1 or 2 a day

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by