Gold Laced and Lavender Orpington mix

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by mariacp, Dec 19, 2014.

1. mariacp

mariacp Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2014
    Does anyone who understands the chicken genetics calculator, know what the outcomes will be from a Gold Laced Orp rooster and a Lavender Orp hen?

Or if you have done this would you post a pic?

2. englishcockers

englishcockers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2014
    Morrill Nebraska
    Black. with some gold leakage. They'd be split for lavender, so subsequent breedings, (of these black birds), to lavender would produce some lavender chicks. It's hard to guess what genes are hiding in the lavender orp hen. On the chicken calculator, just click the "show examples" button for male and female and choose the gold laced male and lavender female, then click the "calculate crossing" button. easy peasy. But, if you continue to breed the offspring you may get some surprises.

3. mariacp

mariacp Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2014
    Ok so going through the generations after the second crossing I noticed outcomes that had incomplete lacing. What does that mean? What does that look like? Does anyone have pictures of pulled feathers to compare one over the other? I hate to sound like a dummy, and perhaps I should buy the Chicken breeders guide for dummies. :p But I appreciate the help none the less.

4. englishcockers

englishcockers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2014
    Morrill Nebraska
    [​IMG]

Maybe this helps. In my limited personal experience. incomplete lacing presents as black tips, cresents, and more or fewer unlaced feathers mixed in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by