Gold Laced, Jubilee or Crele Orpingtons

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ZephyrWoodsFarm, Nov 12, 2010.

1. ZephyrWoodsFarm

ZephyrWoodsFarm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2010
    Merrill, WI
    Hi
    Just wondering if anyone has any of these colors in the US and could post pictures of your birds. The color is wonderful on this birds and have been researching them
    without coming up with much. They look more common in the UK but importing seems to be very difficult if you can even find someone.

I think they could be a wonderful project. [​IMG]

2. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2010
    Search thru the threads there is someone named Jody on here that is working on Lavenders and Jubilee's. hinkjc or something like that.

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Yes it is hinkjc. Jody is working on Jubilee, Diamond Jubilee, and Mottled. And I am working on Lemon Cuckoos.

4. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Z,
    You can make the crele by using the Lemon Cuckoos from RAREROO's. You can also use just cuckoos which I have but it appears I am probably sold out already for eggs in the spring for Cuckoos and Whites already. Most of the colors were made by someone and you can do the same but it takes a lot of chicks and resources and time. There are no instant immaculate conceptions. Figure at least 5 years unless there are more than one gene or recessive gene involved.

5. ZephyrWoodsFarm

Nov 4, 2010
    Merrill, WI
    what would you mix the Cuckoo's with?

If you think you have any eggs please let me know and I will reserve some. I will have to contact Rareroo also. What is 5 yrs for a great project [​IMG]

6. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:It will be at least another year or two before I start to sell anything and thats if everything goes well. I just have a young trio that I am growing off now.

7. ZephyrWoodsFarm

Nov 4, 2010
    Merrill, WI
    I know Green Fire is offering some in the spring also. I will contact them also.

Wish there were more colors of Orps in the US. They are so interesting [​IMG]

8. Shaffer

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Z,
    You will need to breed the cuckoo with a black breasted red colored LF bird. This should not take 5 years for the color but may for conformation quality.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  9. ZephyrWoodsFarm

Nov 4, 2010
    Merrill, WI
    ok humor me what would that black breasted red bird be. I am not a expert on chicken breeds [​IMG] sorry [​IMG]

10. Shaffer

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Z,
    I PM'ed you.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by