Gold Laced, Jubilee or Crele Orpingtons

ZephyrWoodsFarm

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 4, 2010
Merrill, WI
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has any of these colors in the US and could post pictures of your birds. The color is wonderful on this birds and have been researching them
without coming up with much. They look more common in the UK but importing seems to be very difficult if you can even find someone.

I think they could be a wonderful project.
wink.png

Z,
You can make the crele by using the Lemon Cuckoos from RAREROO's. You can also use just cuckoos which I have but it appears I am probably sold out already for eggs in the spring for Cuckoos and Whites already. Most of the colors were made by someone and you can do the same but it takes a lot of chicks and resources and time. There are no instant immaculate conceptions. Figure at least 5 years unless there are more than one gene or recessive gene involved.

what would you mix the Cuckoo's with?

If you think you have any eggs please let me know and I will reserve some. I will have to contact Rareroo also. What is 5 yrs for a great project
smile.png

Quote:
It will be at least another year or two before I start to sell anything and thats if everything goes well. I just have a young trio that I am growing off now.

I know Green Fire is offering some in the spring also. I will contact them also.

Wish there were more colors of Orps in the US. They are so interesting
smile.png

Z,
You will need to breed the cuckoo with a black breasted red colored LF bird. This should not take 5 years for the color but may for conformation quality.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom