Gold Laced Orpington- For Learning and Sharing

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by deek, Feb 5, 2013.

1. deek

deek Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2012
    South Georgia
    The number of Gold Laced Orpington enthusiasts is growing. Hopefully this thread will unite us and we can promote this beautiful variety.

2. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    OK I have to be the first to post some pics!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

apryl29 likes this.
  3. deek

Apr 6, 2012
    South Georgia
    Indeed the best way to get this thread underway! Thanks Rockinpaints!

4. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    Oh my goodness this is going to be one beautiful thread.. Cant wait to see everybodys birds..Im so glad you started this Dee..I do not have these but sure enjoy looking at them and learning about them..It will also be fun to watch ideas and breeding for lacing , base color in this breed ect.......I sure cant offer any advise as I know nothing much about them..but I will just keep enjoying the breed through your pics and stories...[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  5. aveca

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    Absolutly Beautiful Nellie..glints of gold everywhere..

6. tkay6205

tkay6205 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Knottsville, KY
    No GL for me......yet. I plan on adding them this year or next. They are so pretty. The contrast between the gold and the black is so striking. Great thread Dee!!

7. deek

Apr 6, 2012
    South Georgia
    I might have a few pictures [​IMG]. I'd like to share the diversity in their down feather colors. I was used to the gold headed babies, but then as I searched worldwide, I began to see other chick colors. Now I'm seeing it with my test hatches. I will share this year's babies. I believe I am seeing the variation since they are from two different lines? Here are my fat babies. The last one was hatched last night...Cocoa
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  8. Renie'sPeeps

Renie'sPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2010
    Orford, NH
    Walking in wavin ~~~ Hi ya'll glad you started this thread :) Always wanting to learn more :) Ok who brought the coffee and pecan pie? ")

9. aveca

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    Is it a variety that you can feather sex this variety Dee? interesting how the down varies in color, one is almost a cinnamon color..I remember you were talking about the cinnamon color in one of the threasds, maybe you could post something about that in here

10. aveca

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    Please forgive if I have lot of typos..fell down last week on the ice..right wrist is still wrapped up..hurt my pride more than anything..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by