gold laced silkies?(UPDATED PICS PG4+9, plus pics of new 2nd hatch ??)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by teresa-78, Aug 21, 2010.

1. teresa-78

teresa-78 Songster

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    I was given some fertile silkie eggs for my new incubator, just to try it out [​IMG] I was told by the person who gave them to me that they were gold laced silkies, I saw his breeding stock and I must say they were lovely looking birds..... but I have now been trying to find the colour on the internet with no success... is this a true colour, any information would be great... thanks [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
    drumstick diva likes this.
  2. Sweet Violet

Sweet Violet Songster

Jan 9, 2010
    Vista CA
    golly I've never heard of that Silkie color???? But then again, you are in England where all the fancy colors start.... [​IMG]

3. teresa-78

teresa-78 Songster

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    I have candled both eggs today, and a big [​IMG] both are fertile and doing well... I am on day 6 so I will have to post a picture once they hatch, im thinking maybe he has got confused with the gold silkie, but im nearly 100% positive they had black on them like all other gold laced chickens I have seen... watch this space [​IMG]

4. V Comb

V Comb Songster

There is such a thing. It's a colour in the works in Europe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. crash0330

crash0330 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Wow those are neat! I wonder how you come up with that color.

6. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

I wonder if they used Barnevelders crossed with silkies to get the color? They almost look like they have the lacing and the color is right on.

7. V Comb

V Comb Songster

I'd say Wyandotte or Barnevelder [​IMG]

8. teresa-78

teresa-78 Songster

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Thats great, your silkies are lovely.. the ones the man had im sure had a little less black, which looked like it was painted on the edges of each feather... but I could be wrong, I will soon see, well in another 2 weeks anyway [​IMG] im so excited, fingers crossed for my eggs in the bator... both seem to be doing great at the minute [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  9. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Cochin or Polish most likely.

10. People call crossbred colors anything to get them sold.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by