1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gold Laced Wyandote Egg size

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ceeceeholt, Aug 17, 2011.

1. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    I have Gold Laced Wyandote that they told me was 2 years old. She is so pretty and so I just brought her home. She laid an egg today (the first one since I've had her) anyway, it was light tan color, small and round. At 2 years I thought she would have bigger eggs, she is a good size hen. Could he have been wrong on her age or do most GLW have small eggs?

Momma of 18 "ladies" and a teenage Roo:cool:

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

My GLW laid large oval eggs. They lightened up considerably as she aged.

Imp

3. ceeceeholt

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    [​IMG]dchickens.com/forum/uploads/103921_p1010032.jpg[/img]
    Here are her pics, what do you think? Old or not so old?

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:The picture is not showing.

I can say mine never laid a small round egg, started out large oval light brown, 5x per week, gradually got XL light tan colored, sometimes almost cream colored. After 3 years the shells got thinner. At times I broke them just picking them up. Also eggs 1-2 per week. Stopped laying about 4 1/2 years old.

imp

eta- I played with the code and got the links to the pics to work. She looks like a healthy GLW. An adult, but it's nearly impossible to tell age.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  5. ceeceeholt

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this works, trying to post pics of my GLW.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by