Gold Laced Wyandotte/Cooper Marans cross

artsy.owl

Songster
5 Years
May 25, 2018
Alabama
E0267837-250F-4D16-B3E2-F12EE6FE26AD.png
Has anyone had a pullet that had a Gold Laced mama and a Marans dad? I’m curious as to what traits this little mix will develop. Dark eggs or light brown? Iridescent feathers or laced? Any guesses? I’m attaching a picture of the 4 month old pullet as well as the mom. EDIT: I uploaded the wrong picture of dad. Oops! THAT ONE IS NOT DAD. I will have to take another one this week of him.

Attachments

• 39D12FA3-783D-4E5F-A49F-C65BB98FE279.jpeg
    39D12FA3-783D-4E5F-A49F-C65BB98FE279.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
  • D7EB4EE7-6DB1-4284-BE2F-232E149D96EB.jpeg
    D7EB4EE7-6DB1-4284-BE2F-232E149D96EB.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
LOL I uploaded the pic of the wrong rooster. Whoops! :lau:bow
Lol, no worries! He sure is a handsome guy. :D

Oh, yes, you say in the first post that the pullet is already 4-months? Hmm, perhaps she could change color/pattern a tad in her first molt... (I have no idea!)? But more likely, the plumage coloring she has now has finished changing. I mean, I personally think they're pretty much done molting out baby feathers at 4-months, at least, and they've got their established pattern by then. But, what do I know? This is my first time raising chickens from chicks, and mine are just 4-months, more or less. :p

I purchased what were labeled as Dark Copper Marans pullets at a local farm supply and they have all matured to have the gold laced coloration of a gold laced Wyandotte... but with feathered feet as I would expect from a French Dark Copper Marans chicken. I'm not disappointed since I like the gold lace look, and they do lay dark brown eggs. So now I'll see what happens when my Buff Brahma rooster matures and I get a cross from these two breeds.

I purchased what were labeled as Dark Copper Marans pullets at a local farm supply and they have all matured to have the gold laced coloration of a gold laced Wyandotte... but with feathered feet as I would expect from a French Dark Copper Marans chicken. I'm not disappointed since I like the gold lace look, and they do lay dark brown eggs. So now I'll see what happens when my Buff Brahma rooster matures and I get a cross from these two breeds.
Post photos of your mystery birds!
As far as I know Marans do not come in a laced version.😊

Sorry, somehow managed to post this twice and I posted photos at the other thread. Another response offered that I might have a cochin style bird with gold lacing. But regardless, I'll post two photos here and follow up with a photo of their dark eggs in a day or two.
_MG_1549-e1-x1050h.jpg
_MG_1561-e1-x1400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom