Gold Laced Wyandotte- Girl or Boy??

chickenlickens

Chirping
Apr 20, 2021
Hi there! Any ideas on the gender of this gold laced wyandotte? His/her brother (same age) has a much bigger and redder comb/wattle, pointy/upright tail and different feathering. Plus, the brother acts much more aggressive/rooster like. However, he/she still looks a little like a boy?? Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_7507.jpg
    IMG_7507.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7506.jpg
    IMG_7506.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7505.jpg
    IMG_7505.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 48
I've attached a photo of the brother a couple of weeks ago. Is bigger with a much bigger comb/wattle now and even pointer/longer tail. They are both 11 weeks old at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_7103.jpg
    IMG_7103.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 39
I've attached a photo of the brother a couple of weeks ago. Is bigger with a much bigger comb/wattle now and even pointer/longer tail. They are both 11 weeks old at the moment.
At 11 weeks their combs and wattles are very developed and red; pullets don't get red like that until they are about to lay eggs. I have several wyanotte pullets the same age and their combs/wattles are pink and much smaller. The rose comb can make it a bit trickier to tell than on a straight comb.

At 11 weeks their combs and wattles are very developed and red; pullets don't get red like that until they are about to lay eggs. I have several wyanotte pullets the same age and their combs/wattles are pink and much smaller. The rose comb can make it a bit trickier to tell than on a straight comb.
Yes definitely the rose comb is a confusing one! I normally have Orpingtons and they are very easy to tell apart.

Back
Top Bottom