Gold Laced Wyandotte - pullet confirmation & question about age?

loohoo

Songster
May 9, 2020
Southern Ohio, US
We were told this is a pullet, who is 3 months old. We just picked her up today. She is soooooo much smaller than the rest of our flock which is the same age. Her feet are smaller, everything is smaller!
We rehomed two cockerels to this location a while back and they are also smaller than the one cockerel we still have, who is the same age (& who will be leaving, as we can't have them here.). They were free ranging when we got there so I wondered, and this may be a silly question...does a chicken who free ranges grow differently than ones who are kept in a run and who's main source of food is chicken feed? Ours look like full grown chickens compared to this one, and they're supposed to be the same age. Or do we think this one is actually younger than 3 months?
Also, do we agree pullet? (I'm crossing all my fingers and toes on this, because we just have finally found homes for all our cockerels and this is the replacement. We can have 5 hens, per zoning.)
20200719_170646.jpg

Attachments

• 20200719_170646.jpg
    20200719_170646.jpg
    668.7 KB · Views: 1
Pullet.
She looks about 3 months to me.
Ok, good! This is such a relief, thank you! I had no reason to doubt her previous owner. I was just surprised by how much smaller she was than ours, and I got nervous! Lol We started out with 6 straight run chicks and half turned out to be boys. 😒 Its been interesting weeding them out, and I want to be done. Lol

Back
Top Bottom