1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gold laced wyandottes question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by dandydoodle, Dec 18, 2011.

1. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Can you tell at 3 months if they are boys or girls? Can you tell by the combs or would they be getting their neck coloring in by then.

Thanks,
    Michelle

2. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Anyone know anything about this breed?

3. SChunn

SChunn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Cleveland, Tx
    I'm a newbie, but at three months my cockerels had much more developed combs and wattles. They also had more color there than the pullets.

4. goldies99

goldies99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    i should think at 3 months you can tell the sex......check the tail and hackle feathers.....if you can post a picture...we all might be able to help

5. Mama Hen Chris

Mama Hen Chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Peoria, AZ
    This is Gretchen at 3 months..hope this helps

[​IMG]

Current
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  6. at three months it may be hard for you if you have all males or all females. If you can see them side by side the female def. looks more feminine like the pic above Comb is very small on the female at that age. The males comb is a bit larger and they are also usually about an inch taller at that age. Look on my byc page for some younger pics....I have to look and see if I have the three month pics or not.

7. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Did I happen to mention I think she is B-E-A-utiful?????

8. 3rd row, 4th and 5th picture. 5th pic is a roo at about three months old. You can see is comb is a 1/4 to 1/2 inch bigger. Its hard to tell on the neck and tail feathers on GLW's at that age

9. Quote:I hope the 2nd pic is not at 3 months old, if so I want what ever you are feeding. LOL

10. goldies99

goldies99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    [​IMG]
    here is my girl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by