Gold Laced Wyandottes

BC_Farms

Songster
10 Years
Jan 20, 2010
Enfield & Chaplin CT
I thought they were roos because they have red combs/wattles. DBF says that they are hens, and that he saw GLW roosters at the past auction and they had much bigger combs. What do you think? I tried looking at their hackle feathers but they seem pretty round to me...
hmm.png

The 3 in question: (#1 on top, 2, and 3)

47434_p5220010.jpg

#1 (sorry for the blur):
47434_p5220013.jpg

#2:
47434_p5220012.jpg

#3:
47434_p5220011.jpg

All three (I THINK L-R #1,3 EE
smile.png
, 2 )...as you can see their combs/wattles are red.
47434_p5150004.jpg

Any help would be great because this is causing a major dispute!

Other info:
They are about 15 weeks old I'd say.
No one has tried to crow.

Last edited:
I think you have 3 future roosters....I have SLW and these look like my roos.

Big legs, wide red combs and long red wattles...green in the tail feathers? 2 and 3 are and I think 1 is?

I'm not so sure. I have 2 SLW that are about 14-15 weeks old. I keep thinking they are roosters, then I think they could be pullets. So, I've looked at tons and tons of pictures of wyandotte pullets and roos. At this age, they all kinda look alike.

I'm still leaning toward roos (for mine and yours) but there may be hope for us yet.
cool.png

Well I'll guess we'll just have to wait until they crow or lay eggs. I still think that they are roos, but looking at them again after someone mentioned the green in their tails maybe we have 2 roos and 1 pullet. Just called DBF..he said "Why did you have to post a thread? I already told you they were all pullets"
roll.png

Either way they are BEAUTIFUL and I would love to get more next year or later on in the year.

Here is a photo of my GLW pullets at 14 weeks, they are now 21 weeks and definitely girls, you can see their comb and wattles are barely there at 14 weeks.

I'm guessing the OP knows the gender by now!!! They'd have to be seriously late bloomers not to be crowing or laying by 2 years old!!

Back
Top Bottom