Gold/Silver lace Sebright X

Silver laced rooster over gold laced hens will produce 100% pure silver laced hens. And 100% silver/gold laced cockerels.
Silver/gold is sex linked. Females have to be one or the other and they get their gene from their father.
Males can be either or or one gene of each. That's what yours will be. They'll get a silver gene from dad and a gold gene from mom.
They will look silver lace but with a little age the silver will get a yellowish tint from the gold trying to bleed through.
Those cockerels can produce either silver or gold pullets when bred to either silver or gold females.

Edited after EggSighted4Life so kindly corrected me

Last edited:
Seems like silver might be sex linked somehow.. :confused:

This toy here says....
http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

50% Pullets, black patterned silver laced
50% Cockerels, black patterned yellow/golden*S laced
*S = heterozygous Silver S/s+

It doesn't account for leakage that might occur... but sound like you will silver laced females and yellow or golden laced males.

@The Moonshiner Sorry for calling on ya again... but you seem to say I'm incorrect pretty often, so can you confirm? :)

I think that is supposed to say GOLD laced hens? Just a typo/slip. :oops: But the rest of the info still being relevant to its' intent. :)
Lol pay backs a b!tch.
Good catch. Yes you're correct. I'm running errands and replying in parking lots so was in hurry and slipped
See it's not always me correcting you. :D

Silver laced rooster over silver laced hens will produce 100% pure silver laced hens. And 100% silver/gold laced cockerels.
Silver/gold is sex linked. Females have to be one or the other and they get their gene from their father.
Males can be either or or one gene of each. That's what yours will be. They'll get a silver gene from dad and a gold gene from mom.
They will look silver lace but with a little age the silver will get a yellowish tint from the gold trying to bleed through.
Those cockerels can produce either silver or gold pullets when bred to either silver or gold females.
:goodpost: Exactly what I was going to say

Back
Top Bottom