1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

golden and silver laced crosses in polish

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kitchenchick, Feb 26, 2012.

1. kitchenchick

kitchenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    Upper East Tennessee
    My husband has a silver laced polish roo, one gold laced,and 2 buff laced polish hens. Does anyone have pics of the silver over gold crossings? the silver over buff I'd expect a mostly white bird with minimum lacing or markings, would that be right?

Anyone's experience would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    I don't know, but I had two sliver laced polish throw a solid white roo with half a black tail feather. From that white roo and white sultan hens, I have gotten a perfect buff laced hen and roo and a perfect golden laced hen and several Whites with black or dun markings

3. tonicbot

tonicbot New Egg

Oct 21, 2010
    I have a silver laced rooster and a golden laced hen and all the babies are silver laced, just like their dad. I have noticed a yellowish dot on some of their heads when they hatch and I am trying to figure out if it is some kind of sex link.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by