Golden Campine- FREE to a bad home

ohiofarmgirl

Songster
11 Years
Jan 22, 2009
Thanks everyone! Apparently the suckers.... I mean.. the good folks who want to give her a GOOD home are lining up! We found someone who is coming to get her today! Yay!
:)

==================================
Come and get her.

One completely loco Golden Campine is available FREE in central Ohio. She is about 4 years old and she has to go - preferably to a bad home. She is free free free but I had to put in a $$ amount. I am not asking for money I'm just asking that someone will come and get her.

There has to be someone out there that likes this breed - I do not. The only reason she hasn't gone to glory in a pot of noodles is the crushing guilt that comes from knowing she is on the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy list. There's a reason this breed is dying out - they are the Worst Chickens Ever. See:
http://www.albc-usa.org/cpl/campine.html

Her list of crimes including being flighty, loud, ridiculous, pooping on my husbands motorcycle, and most heinous of all - she picked a fight with my sweet little duck and killed two of the babies.

On the upside, the free ranges like a demon, managed to evade the fox all last summer, and is a good layer.

If you have to drive more than an hour I'll give you $5 in gas. PM me for more info.

Last edited:
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Thanks everyone!

I posted this on our local craigslist and I had several people ask for her - the "winner" is a beautiful farm where she'll be the Queen Bee.

And yes I'll weep... TEARS OF JOY when that crazy hen has found greener pastures....
:)

Back
Top Bottom