Golden campine?

Vwise507

Songster
Jul 17, 2018
East coast central Florida
58199F3B-3B3A-49F0-939E-979D46896902.jpeg
DC4C880D-AA0B-4DFB-8858-AA686941D556.jpeg
EC7B9A39-04C0-4DFF-AB8C-F936AE0C2EB8.jpeg
Almost 4 weeks. Her name is Hollywood, cuz she loves the camera.

:welcome :frow You will know when they start to lay eggs. If they're white eggs then they are Campine. I bought some what I thought were Brown Leghorn chicks but they turned out to be Partridge Rocks. As chicks they look remarkably similar. I knew when I got brown eggs and not the white eggs Leghorns lay but had suspected it. Good luck and have fun...

Those green legs are very EE. Congrats! Hopefully you get cool colored eggs!

Her colors are close to a campine, but not quite there. Campines are more barred on their breast, wings and back, rather then this wild type of marking. Also, Campine have slate blue legs, it looks like, where this one is green. Finally, the pea comb that your chicken has vs the single comb a campine has.

Those green legs are very EE. Congrats! Hopefully you get cool colored eggs!

Her colors are close to a campine, but not quite there. Campines are more barred on their breast, wings and back, rather then this wild type of marking. Also, Campine have slate blue legs, it looks like, where this one is green. Finally, the pea comb that your chicken has vs the single comb a campine has.

Gotcha, I’m not sure it’s a peacomb, in person I would say it’s just a very slow growing single, there are not bumps on the sides, just one row. Also the legs do look green but the toes look more blue...so still green, but they have been changing colors to more dark so who knows.

It’s so hard to tell yet, it’s from MM ornamental layers. I guess we shall tell once she stays laying ha

Back
Top Bottom