golden campines?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by humptydumpty, Feb 3, 2008.

1. humptydumpty

humptydumpty Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2008
    Brandon,MS
    has anyone one had any experiance with golden campines such as there attitudes and egg laying, stuff like that

if you know anything about them it would be a big help, i was thinking about getting some

2. humptydumpty

humptydumpty Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2008
    Brandon,MS
    bump

3. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    maybe you need to put this in 'breeds in general'

4. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    actually if you do 'search', esp. in the Breeds in General section of the forum, you will find there have been several threads on exactly that subject in recent weeks. They're helpful, go read 'em!

Pat, who was convinced by the discussions to order half a dozen golden campines for this spring [​IMG]

5. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Mine lay well in the spring and summer. They are a little flighty but not too bad. The chicks are beautiful.
    I I like mine for their color but they aren't the best layers I have ever had.

6. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    mine seems friendly I got her last week and she is pretty also too young to lay though

Henry

7. rotzilla

rotzilla Out Of The Brooder

my roo is very docile but he knows how and when to let everybody know hes in charge...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Happytat

Happytat New Egg

Nov 26, 2011
    I have a little campine hen, she's a little flighty, but not NEAR as bad as some other small breeds I own. She lays and egg for me every 3 days or so, not bad....:) Mine also only lays in spring and summer. But what are ornamental breeds for anyway? If you want eggs you get layers, not campines. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by