Golden Campines

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by eggxelent, Dec 19, 2012.

1. eggxelent

eggxelent Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2012
    Okay, I am very confoozled. Some places I look at say that Golden Campines are super rare, while others say they are common. If they are super rare I may not want to get one because I'd feel pressured to breed it with a male and I don't want to breed just yet as I am super new to poultry. How do I tell which sources are true? Please reply![​IMG][​IMG]

2. TallChickMagnet

TallChickMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    They may be rare...I only say this because I've never heard of them...lol [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  3. I bought a bird and was told that they didn't know what it was. I looked it up and it looks IDENTICAL to a silver campine. The lady says she has the papers, but it's not a campine! I will post pics ASAP.

I've been told several times they're rare so I go as a rare breed ;)

4. They're DEFINITELY rare. My daughter raises them.

You don't have to breed rare birds to have them. A nice Campine is a beautiful thing to look at. No reason you couldn't have some for eye candy! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  5. :) I love mine! Though she's a bit psychotic!

6. I'd say that horse of yours is definitely psychotic! My gosh! Is that you?

If it was mine, it would be in the freezer!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  7. :lol: lol! No, not mine! It's just a GIF.jpg picture my friend sent me. I wanted one of the moving pics for my profile pic so I used it! That is one psychotic horse though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by