Golden Cascades?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by WestKnollAmy, Dec 1, 2010.

1. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Can anyone point me in the direction of Golden Cascades?

I have read some great things about them and would like to get some next spring. So far I have not heard anyone say anything bad about the breed.

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
  3. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Thanks![​IMG]

4. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have never ordered from them and from reading their policies online it seems they are difficult to deal with. I don;t mind ordering as they wish but if you can't order through an email or over the phone it seems they may have troubles that I don't want to deal with.

5. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    I think Sandhill simply is not a commercial hatchery and that is why they only do mail in orders. I really don't blame them. They carry a very large variety of breeds and I'm sure work there is literally sun up to sun down. Even Holderread's only do mail in orders and try to discourage lengthy phone calls. There is a reason for that. These breeders that focus on genetic diversity (which equals lots of pens, not just a handful of huge colony pens) and quality, do not have the time or resources to deal with customers the way in which assembly line hatcheries that hatch tens of thousands of birds do. It just is what it is. If I were them, I would do exactly the same thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by