Golden Comet Hens, cochins , ameraucana mix pair **SOLD**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Msbear, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I live in Western MD near PA and WV lines and about a 45 min. drive to Winchester, VA.

I have plenty that need to go.

Golden Comet Hens are app. 1-2 years old and are still laying well even in this heat. They aren't the prettiest of hens but, they do their job well. $7 ea.

bantam cochin mix cockerels. these are all 1-4 months old and are various colors and patterns resulting from my mille fleur project. FREE

white ameraucana mix pair. these guys were purchased as "cornish crosses" from TSC and are not those. They are tall, lean, all white, muffed and have green feet with pea combs. Affectionately, known as chicken on a stick, they are friendly and will be laying soon. $10 for the pair. (they are buds and I'd like them to stay together)

rosecomb culls that would be great pets. FREE

I also have 1 buff orp pullet, 1 RIR unsexed and a few odds and ends.

I am not shipping in this heat and none of these guys are worth the charge any how... Pick up only!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  2. Chicken Junkies

Chicken Junkies Chillin' With My Peeps

I got a couple of the Golden Comet hens from Erin and they are laying extra large eggs like crazy. Almost an egg a day. Some of my other hens have slacked off, but not these two. Even laid an egg the day I brought them home. Ya can't raise 'em for $7. Thanks, Erin. [​IMG] They are lovin' life free-ranging on our acreage, very tame and friendly too. We can pick them up an love on 'em anytime.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  3. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Thanks Carol and I'm so glad you're enjoying the girls. We've been enjoying the eggs but, there are so many chickens out there, people are beginning to KNOW I'm the crazy chicken lady [​IMG] We also have new horse boarders out there so I needed to get my 3 stall run in shed back.. so, their all piled in the chicken barn. I am delivering a few to a fella in Frederick on Saturday so I posted it on craigslist and got a few hits... trying to do a big drop off [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by