Golden Comet Roo

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by debakadeb, May 11, 2008.

1. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Does anyone have a golden comet or red sex link rooster? I would love to see a picture of one. I have a chick that I bought that I think may be a very young rooster. S/he is only 4 weeks old so hard for me to tell right now. The pictures that I've taken on my cell phone are not coming out as clear as I would like. S/he is mostly beige/white but it's head is red and white.

2. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
  3. debakadeb

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Thanks, Kim, for the site listings. By all indications (color wise) s/he should be a pullet. I went back to baby pictures and while her body baby fuzz was lighter than the other red sex link, it was definitely not white.

Guess I'll see if she lays eggs when the time comes [​IMG]

I got the chicks from our local TSC.

4. lux_interior

lux_interior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    Joliet
    I just posted something on here yesterday before I found your post. I'm having the same problem! here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=179633

there are pics of my questionable cinnamon queen (another of many names for sex links, as well as golden comet)

the pic someone posted a link to there with a very light colored hen makes me feel lots better... so good luck to us with our questionable ladies! [​IMG]

5. debakadeb

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Mine ended up being a hen [​IMG]

6. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    I have comets too and some of them are more white than others right now. No difference in the combs or feathers though. I think they are just not all the same color. The roos are more white white than these with some beige on them, I think, I hope. I have one of the really light ones too. gloria jean

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by