Golden Comet Stopped Laying!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by GracieMarie, Sep 14, 2011.

1. GracieMarie

GracieMarie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2011
    We have four chickens hatched around April 1st--2 Golden Comets and 2 Easter Eggers. Golden Comet 1 started laying early August. She was never really consistent but layed about 4 eggs a week and then some soft shells under the roost the other days. About 2 weeks ago she laid 2 huge gorgeous brown eggs one day after the other and nothing since then. What is odd is the day she stopped laying the other Golden Comet started laying and has laid every day since then. The day after the second Golden Comet laid one of the Easter Eggers started and has laid a pretty green egg every day. I am worried about Dolly (golden comet 1). She is acting fine though she is quite small compared to the other 3. Do you think she will start laying again?

I know it is Dorthy the second golden comet who is doing the laying because my 8 year old son is chicken obsessed and sees Dorthy lay the egg every morning. Dolly laid for about a month before stopping.

Thanks for any thoughts.

2. GracieMarie

GracieMarie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2011
    Also they do free range everyday but we have looked everywhere to see if she is laying somewhere else and haven't found a thing!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by