GOLDEN COMET!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by momto7, Sep 10, 2007.

1. momto7

momto7 New Egg

Sep 7, 2007
    I GOT MY FIRST EGG TODAY FROM MY 18 WEEK OLD COMETS.I BOUGHT THEM AS STARTED PULLETS,THEY ARE SO SWEET AND CALM.
    I ALSO HAVE A 6 WEEK OLD E.E AND A 6 WEEK OLD BLACK SEX-LINK.CAN I MIX THEM TOGATHER IN A PEN?

2. newbeechickens

newbeechickens Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2007
    kershaw county sc
    thats good your getting eggs now i'm waiting for my comet to start what color was the egg?? couse i have 4 rir and 1 comet and yesterday i got a almost white egg and i know the rir have been laying very dark brown ones

3. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    momto7, Welcome to BYC! No it is a bad idea to place them together without a formal introduction. This is done by placing the smaller ones in their own smaller pen inside the larger one, for the others to see them and get use to them without the ability to hurt them. Maybe section a area off for them with their own feed and water, or whatever works best you. Pecking order is real in the chicken world and the young ones aren't big enough to take on the larger birds. Once they are 18 to 20 weeks old it won't be a problem. If you can take the time to police a attemp to put them altogether, that is a option, however not one I would recommend. Good Luck and welcome to the wonderful world of chickens.

bigzio

4. davecash

davecash Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    kaintucky
    weell i have golden comets and a rir and they all killed a polish hen when i put her in with them.

5. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC!!!

6. ChickMomma

ChickMomma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2007
    Congrats on the egg. I am beginning to think there is something wrong with my golden comets. They are 23 weeks and still no eggs! [​IMG]

7. momto7

momto7 New Egg

Sep 7, 2007
    Thanks for the great post!
    My egg was very tiny ,like a bantam egg and a light brown.
    Is there any way of knowing wich one laid the egg?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by