Golden Comets

just4cluckinfun

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I have been reviewing the breeds listed on this website trying to determine what is the best one or two for us but I do not see a Golden Comet listed. I was wondering if anyone has any information on this breed. Are they people friendly, good egg layer, how flighty are they, etc. Any information is greatly appreciated.
smile.png

What most people are talking about when they say sex links are the commercial egg layers, they are purpose bred mutts. A lot of time and money has gone into breeding them for optimum egg production vs food eaten by the companies. They usually have two to four parent strains of birds (which may or not be an actual breed) they cross in specific ways to make their own particular version of the sex link, some of the hybrids are actually protected brand names. http://www.isapoultry.com/products/ is the website for the company that owns the ISA Browns and some other ones.
Sex-Links in general are just birds can be sexed at hatching by down color (sometimes by wing feather development), usually they are mixes of two different breeds, ie RIR over BR. But some purebred breeds, like Legbars are sex linked / auto-sexing usually they are barred breeds.

Back
Top Bottom