Golden Cuckoo Marans 6+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by WestKnollAmy, Dec 31, 2010.

1. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    This auction is for 6+ Golden Cuckoo Marans eggs. I will ship out on Tuesday. I only have a few girls so there are not as many to share right now.
    I wrap each egg in bubble wrap, line the box with bubble wrap and pack the eggs in shredded paper or more bubble wrap. There still is no guarantee on shipped eggs but I will do my best.

The roo is 18 months and the hens are 10 and 11 months old. I have been getting some gorgeous chicks out of these birds and will upload some more photos to my website today or tomorrow.
    The temperament is wonderful, the egg laying is 4-5 eggs a week from each girl but the egg color is like a dark cuckoo. These are more of a chocolate color than a deep brown.
    The hens are clean legged and the roo is feather legged.

Please check out my website for more photos.

Happy bidding!

2. Mrsfoote

Mrsfoote Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    Do you have any pics of your eggs?

3. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    There is a photo on my website on their page. I can take some of what they are laying now and post it as well.

Here you go.......

[​IMG]

A flash was used so that lightens the color a bit but they are not nearly as dark as my other Marans.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2010
  4. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    I like the color of your roo and his feathered legs.

5. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Thanks. I will be doing away with him later in the spring or summer though as his sons are much nicer than he is. He is a sweet bird but I am always trying to improve on my breeding birds and he has been a great start.

6. brkuk

brkuk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Howell, Mi
    Great looking birds. Nice work on your website too. I like how think on free ranging birds. Take care.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by