Golden Cuckoos

laughingclown

Songster
8 Years
Aug 5, 2011
Linden, Michigan
Ok genetic gurus. If I had normal Cuckoo Marans how do you introduce the gold into them to make them a Golden Cuckoo? Also maybe the feathered legs? Ther must be a way as Im sure the Golden Cuckoo didnt start out that way. It must have been bread to those color and feather leg genetics.

Ok genetic gurus. If I had normal Cuckoo Marans how do you introduce the gold into them to make them a Golden Cuckoo? Also maybe the feathered legs? Ther must be a way as Im sure the Golden Cuckoo didnt start out that way. It must have been bread to those color and feather leg genetics.

You should probably go to the Cuckoo and White Marans thread, they can help you there.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/495365/lets-talk-cuckoo-and-white-marans-breeding-strategies/830

Last edited:

Golden Cuckoo as in, Lemon Cuckoo orps? if that´s what you want then you will have to go outside the breed for it, as I believe there is no black tail buff or buff marans yet right?...

the gold/lemon cuckoo orps are just buff birds with the added sex linked barring gene, that´s all. to have this you must first have a buff bird to start with. if not then you will have to go outside the breed.

I have a barred black tailed buff... I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing about him but he is my baby LOL. Not greatest coloring and clean shanked but there he is

Cuckoo Baby
900x900px-LL-64bbbee6_45258_imgp0461.jpeg

Im not talking about Orps. Im talking about Golden Cuckoo Marans.

I know you were not talking about Orps, I just wanted to give you a sample pic so I did not confused you with genetic jargon..

so here we go

are you talking about Marans with this type of genotype? eWh/eW Co/Co Db/Db Di/Di Mh/Mh(could leave Mh out for mh+, but most self buff birds have them) Cb/Cb B/-

is this what your talking about?

I know you were not talking about Orps, I just wanted to give you a sample pic so I did not confused you with genetic jargon..

so here we go

are you talking about Marans with this type of genotype? eWh/eW Co/Co Db/Db Di/Di Mh/Mh(could leave Mh out for mh+, but most self buff birds have them) Cb/Cb B/-

is this what your talking about?

Im so sorry. I have no idea what you are saying. Trying to learn that stuff but im a gen noon.

Back
Top Bottom