Golden Feather Membership

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by The Red Rooster, Sep 22, 2011.

1. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

I'm thinking of upgrading to a GFM. For all of you who already have, what are the benefits of upgrading? How do you like it?

2. FarmerJohn3285

FarmerJohn3285 County Line Farms

Nov 18, 2010
    Trenton, SC
    Other than being able to change your "title" under your username, i haven't noticed that much of a difference.

3. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Quote:Yeah, i'd like to have a cool title. Thats why i'm thinking to upgrading (isn't that silly?)

4. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    You have more storage with messages and such.

5. FarmerJohn3285

FarmerJohn3285 County Line Farms

Nov 18, 2010
    Trenton, SC
    Quote:That's true, but if don't send and receive THAT many messages...kinda pointless.

6. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    I got a GFM simply to support the forum and all the work it takes to maintain it [​IMG]

7. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  8. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm a bit confused...my 2 posts in the BTS sections switched to bump in a week (when I bumped them a week ago) and I noticed it last night. I checked when my GF membership was ending and it was today, so I renewed last night. My posts still say bump in a week, GF member isn't showing under my username, and I'm not sure what's going on. I did get confirmation that my membership renewal was complete.
    Help please?
    Thanks

Lisa

9. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    looks like it's all worked out. I didn't get any notice that my GFM was ending today...I just noticed that my title was different and my listings couldn't be bumped when i thought they needed it. Isn't there a way to notify members when their GFM/PPM is coming close to ending?
    Lisa

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by