golden harliquins

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Terry-cox, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Terry-cox

Terry-cox New Egg

Feb 22, 2014
    Olympia
    I just bought four Golden Harlequin. 3 females and 1 male they are about a year and a half old and they still aren't laying could something be wrong? should i be doing something specific. we just bought them from an auction this weekend.

thanks
    heather

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  2. red horse ranch

red horse ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2014
    Buffalo Wyoming
    Any time hens are moved to a new location it may take them a while to start laying again. And it will also depend on your location and weather. Hens need 12 to 14 hours of daylight to lay eggs. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. red horse ranch

red horse ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2014
    Buffalo Wyoming
    [​IMG]

4. Chic_girl

Chic_girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    Near Columbus OH
    Just like Red Horse said!
    It'll take some time for your new Harlequins to adjust to their new quarters! Give the hens up to a week to settle down and get comfortable. It may also be too early in the year for them to even consider laying- it could be until mid-March or even April from them to start up egg production for the year. In the meantime, make sure they have clean nest boxes to use, and lots of love and treats!

5. Terry-cox

Terry-cox New Egg

Feb 22, 2014
    Olympia
    Thank you very much i read that these birds are on the critical list so i am anxious to have them lay and make some babies even though i have read that they are not good at sitting and that artificial incubation is almost necessary.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by