Golden lace Cochin question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by iajewel, Mar 27, 2009.

1. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Im having problems finding anything on golden lace cochins. I remember years ago they did not have a black head, and were actually gold with back lacing. Now they are so black they are bearly gold at all. Does anyone know where I can find a breed standard? or someone who shows this varaty of bantem

2. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I have some but I know mine are not SQ. My goal is to improve them. I keep getting some white feathers in the chicks I hatch out [​IMG] I have a really pretty roo but he has a few white feathers on his feet so I am pretty sure he would be disqualfied if I tried to show him. I have never shown but I would like to someday if I ever get some better Gold Laced Bantam Cochins. I need to look up the breed standard myself and find some more birds to add to my flock so I can breed the stray white feathers out of them.

3. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Mine don't have any white. Maybe if you changed roos yours won't?
    If you find anyone with some SQ birds let me know will ya?

4. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:Ok. I'll let you know. I have decided this is the breed in my flock I want to work the most with for improving them to SQ and possibly even showing one day. I was going to order some from a hatchery to add new blood but decided against that. I am hoping to find an affordable SQ pair later this year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by