1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Golden-Laced OR Silver Laced Cochins Wanted!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mikarod, Jan 16, 2009.

1. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I am looking for hatching eggs or preferably older hens that have shown broodiness.

I am in LOVE with lacing, but do not like Wyandottes. I had them a few years ago and they were the meanest birds I had ever owned.

I'm in OK and NW Arkansas and am willing to pick up!!!

Please let me know if you have any of these varieties of Cochins!

2. crzy4peafowl

crzy4peafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2008
    Texas
    I have both golden-laced and silver-laced bantam cochins. Your absolutely right the lacing is just gorgeous. My golden-laced just started laying yesterday. The silver-laced seem to not be willing yet. Let me know how many eggs you are looking for and I can try to see if I can gather them. I am in Texas

3. mikarod

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Oh dear, I'm sorry! I'm used to everyone knowing it around here! lol! Bantams don't live long at my house for some reason. All cute, fluffy small things are eaten by something.

I appreciate your reply though! Can I see some photos??? I DO love to look at the GL and SL cochins!

4. whiterooster

whiterooster Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2009
    westmichigan
    HI,I have silver lace standard cochins three hens and one golden lace hen. They haven't started laying yet this year,but they should real soon. I also have silver lace wyandottes,i have never had a problem with mine.I have more of a problem with my polish,but only in the spring and summer.I guess he's more protective of his hens then. I have silver lace,and golden lace polish.I really like these color combinations. I would be willing to sell some eggs when they start laying.You can email me at [email protected]

5. mikarod

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    whiterooster, where are you located at??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by