Golden Laced Orpingtons

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by TexHen, Feb 27, 2009.

1. TexHen

TexHen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2009
    Alvord Tx
    Howdy!

I'm hoping to find someone who knows where I can buy, trade, or sweet talk some Golden Laced Orpingtons. I am also hoping to find some Partridge Cochins. Any suggestions?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  2. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    check with the orpington club...you could get a breeder list

3. TexHen

Feb 26, 2009
    Alvord Tx
    Thanks I will try that. I am new to this, I didn't realize there were clubs. (I know, here's your sign!)

4. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    To my knowledge there are NO Golden Laced Orpingtons in the USA that compare to those in Germany and other European countries. I know there are some out there claiming to have them and I am not saying they do not but I have yet to see photographs to make me think otherwise. This is my favorite color in my favorite breed. If I had the space I would be developing my own line now but I unfortunately do not have the space.

Here is a previous post I started on creating GLOs.

Good luck

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
  6. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I believe corancher on here is in the middle of a project with golden laced orpingtons.

PS Please edit the title of this thread and spell orpingtons right. You will get more responses. [​IMG] Not being rude, just trying to help you out because a lot of people on here really get disturbed by misspelling orpington.

7. TexHen

Feb 26, 2009
    Alvord Tx
    Wow that thread will keep me busy for a while. Thanks for the link [​IMG]
    That is one of the most beautiful birds I have seen.

I wish I knew more about chicken genetics, I would be right there with you working on this one. I will try some research, and eduate myself.

I didn't realize this was not a breed in the US. I just found some pics on the internet. Good Luck. I will be happy to help if possible.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  8. TexHen

Feb 26, 2009
    Alvord Tx
    Quote:No offense taken, just bad eyes and crazy fingers. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

9. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    [​IMG] I'm so glad I didn't offend you. You know I think we are neighbors........... [​IMG] You will find some gorgeous orpingtons online. Most are in the UK. I want a chocolate orpington so bad I can taste it........... get it............... taste it.....................[​IMG] Okay, okay, it's late for me I have to go to bed.

Oh yeah, [​IMG]

10. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Bluehenhatchery.com I saw a thread saying they have them. I son't know if they are selling though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by