Golden Laced Polish...pictures please? It's NOT a roo!!!

Rooster is kinda in a molt, so his tail is not as full.
12005_gold_laced_polish_cock.jpg

My hen is more or less in good condition.
12005_10_075.jpg

My chick at 11 weeks doesn't look like either of those...(hatchery chick). Would he/she have a red face by now or wattles? The saddle feathers are soo long on "her", but her face is so clean...
I want to get replacement chicks asap if this is a roo and I have to re-home, so I am anxious to figure it out soon.

Those are gorgeous birds BTW!

48358_hifive11.jpg

48358_hifiveface.jpg

Last edited:
I had them in the past, I say "she" is a Roo. Rehome him and get another.
wink.png

BTW, excellent quality birds, Josh! It is so hard to find good SQ Golden Laced Polish.

Last edited:
Cockerel.

See the nice rounded feathers on the second photo by josh44? The head feathers on his female are nicely rounded. Even on young birds, it's a tell-tale sign.

Quote:
I would say hold on to it until it lays an egg or starts crowing
lau.gif
somtimes they'll trick you.
wink.png

Thanks fattie, It is super hard to find any Gold or silver laced polish now a days. Took me about 3 yrs to get some of this quality. Most of todays breeders have golds that are too dark in the tails, half moon lacing, or have small crest & light Gold lacing.

I can't believe some breeders passing off, the light golds as citrons.
somad.gif
Come On ! Either it's silver or it's a gold ( NO IN BETWEENS) !

So you can bet 100%, that I will be showing them left & right at all our poultry shows...
thumbsup.gif

BTW EXCELLENT SILKIES fattie!!!

Thanks, Josh!
smile.png
I love my Cochins too, but they are certainly not SQ. I don't like to completely round "ball" look of the SQ Cochins. I prefer the PQ type on them, JMO, I think it's prettier. So I breed my Cochins for that type and for color.
smile.png

Buff polish roo :
7892_hpim2933.jpg

Buff polish hen:
7892_hpim2524.jpg

The roos are a darker golden , hens are lighter and have a rounded crests. The males have pointy flared out head crests like punk hair!

yes nice buff Roo
smile.png

I am working on hatching out a few buff laced myself.
By Sept-Oct. I should have Silver, Gold,& Buff laced Polish. Maybe even Blue laced Gold.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom