golden laced polish X barred rock cross rooster mated to ee hens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Georgia Boy 1970, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Will all the chicks be barred or will I get a range of colors with barring? Just curious
    Thanks

2. Pyncheon guy

Pyncheon guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    depends on what the color of EE hens are.....

3. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Can we see a picture?

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    You should probably get a little variety in coloring but since your roo is a cross he would be Het. barred and so half of the offspring would have barring as well.

5. Georgia Boy 1970

Thanks for the replies. Just wondering what to expect,since he is cross and not pure for barring and the hens are easter eggers. 1 hen resembles a red pyle w/beard,2 are silver dun/fawn and 1 is a red fawn. Eggs will be going in the incubator sometime this week. Later on if I can learn to post pics I will do so. I have eggs hatching now from the same hens bred by a black ameracauna rooster that is from lavender ameraucana breeding,given to me by a byc member.
    Thanks

6. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
  7. Georgia Boy 1970

Thanks Clint
    They may not,but they sure look it. They could be blue? I've had the chocolate o.e.(dun) and the chocolate polish(dun) and the color looks the same. I hatched a chick from one of the silver fawn ee hens bred to a buff orp.Xpolish cross and the chick had lavender stripes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by