1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Golden Laced Sebrights

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lauranickerson, Aug 22, 2013.

1. lauranickerson

lauranickerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2013
    Kingsley, MI
    What do you think? I caught one crowing today, and it was one of the more pullet-looking ones. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    How old are they? I see a lot of comb, but depending on there age, this might not be a definite indicator. Still, they all look like roosters to me, but Sebrights are kind of difficult to sex because you can't go off of the feathering, so don't lose hope yet!

3. lauranickerson

lauranickerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2013
    Kingsley, MI
    I'm not sure exactly how old they are, but I got them about 8 weeks ago. I would guess they were about 2-3 weeks old when I got them, which would put them at 10-12 weeks.

I wasn't sure if Sebrights develop faster than large fowl. I also figured that the two with rose combs were pullets because they were darker (that was my excuse I made up for HOPING they were pullets. Haha.). Not sure why one has the straight comb, though. I thought the lady's all had rose when I saw the parents. [​IMG]

They looked like this when I got them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  4. shmccarthy

shmccarthy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    Michigan
    They all look like boys :( Sebright hens usually have really dark combs and wattles until they're about to lay. My golden Sebright pullet is 24 weeks and her comb is still black.

5. Iuvmychix

Iuvmychix Chillin' With My Peeps

They are all boys. Sorry. :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by